The first time you attach a photo or use the code scanner, the device will ask you for permission. Press "Allow".
If you accidentally denied permission and would like to allow it, follow these steps.
- On your device, open the main Settings app
- Tap Apps or Application Manager (depending on your device, this may look different).
- Tap "iScout"
- Tap Permissions
- Set the "Camera" permission to "On"
iPhone and iPad
- Open the main Settings app
- Scroll down to "iScout"
- Make sure Camera is set to "On" (green)
Still Having Trouble?
If your permissions are setup correctly then here are some general troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure nothing is physically blocking the camera (e.g. a phone case)
- Try opening the Camera app to verify the camera is functioning correctly
- Make sure you have the latest version of the iScout app
- Try restarting your device
- Make sure you're not out of storage space
Also, you can submit your error logs and our support team can help troubleshoot. Here's how: