Setting Up Report Notifications
You can receive a notification via iPhone, Android, and/or email when Hazard Scout reports are submitted.
Finding the Report Notifications Page
First go to the "Report Notifications" page. You can find it within the Hazard Scout website > My Profile > Notifications > Edit Reports ( Learn More).
You will see a listing of any reports that you have permission to "Analyze":
Creating A Notification
To create a notification, press the "Turn On" button then choose the type of notification (iPhone, Android, and/or Email).
If you wish to receive all responses, press "Save".
To filter the responses you receive, press "Add a condition..." and choose which question/answer to receive notifications for. You can add additional filters by pressing the "and..." or "or..." buttons. Press the "X" to delete a condition. Press "Save" when you are finished.
When Are Notifications Sent?
New Responses - You will be notified if the response matches your filter.
Edited Responses - Later, if a response is edited, you will be notified if:
- the updated response matches your filter
- AND the previous version did not match your filter
- Say your company has an "Incident Report" where employees choose a severity of Low, Medium, or Critical
- You setup an iPhone alert for all "Critical" reports.
- A report is submitted with "Low" severity.
- You would not receive an alert because the severity wasn't "Critical".
- Later a manager edits the response and changes the severity to "Critical".
- This edit would alert you because now the response is "Critical".
- Later another manager edits the response to fix a typo in the description.
- This edit would not alert you because it had already notified you about the "Critical" severity. Nothing about the severity changed.