Setting Up Training Requirements
With the Hazard Scout Training module, you can:
- Define your own custom training with intervals
- Track completions (along with certificates or other documents)
- Assign open-tasks to individual employees for incomplete training
- Complete training as a group
- Upload historic training completions
- Run completion reports
Creating a Training
Here's how to define a training within your Hazard Scout application:
- Click the "Training" menu button
- Press "Edit Trainings"
- Press "Add a Training"
- Fill out the form:
- Title - the name of the training
- Renewal Rate - once completed, how often does the training have to be renewed by the employee?
- Highlighted On Profile - Select "Yes" if this training is a certification that should be highlighted in green at the top of the employee's profile (if completed).
- Learn Online - If you have designed a "Lesson" within the "Lesson Builder" module, you can select it here. If a lesson is not selected, the open task will show an alert "this training needs to be completed". If a lesson is selected, the open task will forward the employee directly to the lesson. Once the lesson is complete, the training will be automatically marked as complete. Learn More
- Certificate Text - When a PDF certificate is generated for this training, you can enter text that will be shown at the bottom of that certificate.
- When Is It Required?
- All Employees - Check this box if the training should be completed and up-to-date for all employees.
- Drivers - Check this box if the training is required for employees tagged as a driver.
- Lines Of Business - Check any lines of business that require this training.
- Job Titles - Check any job titles which require this training.
- Specific Individuals - Select any individuals which require this training.
- NOTE: At the bottom of this section, you will see a textual description of who the training will be required for.
- Included Trainings
- Sometimes one training will also count for other trainings. If that is the case, select all other trainings that are included.
- For example, a "New Hire Orientation" may include training for "PPE Training" and "Ladder Safety Training". In that case, both "PPE Training" and "Ladder Safety Training" should both be checked within the "New Hire Orientation". Then when an employee completes the "New Hire Orientation", it will also satisfy the other two trainings as well.
Creating Training Via Dataload
You can also create training via the dataload module. Learn More
Once you have saved your new training, employee open-tasks lists will automatically reflect the new requirements (if applicable). There is no need to send out or create tasks for these employees, the system automatically takes care of it.
Marking Training Complete
Visit the Marking Training Complete help page for more information.